While we try to make Nanoogo as safe and friendly as possible, there are some things you and your child should keep in mind when using the Internet. Share these tips with your child on Internet safety.
- Tell your child to never give out personal information online. This includes his/her real names, age, addresses, phone numbers, or school name.
- Tell your child to never share passwords with anyone.
- Keep updated on the latest threats facing children online and understand how your child spends his/her time online.
- Educate yourself on the latest threats facing children online and have a good understanding of how your child spend his/her time online.
- Keep the computer and other internet-enabled devices in the common room. Install a firewall and antivirus software.
- Educate your child about online bullying or online interactions that can make him/her uncomfortable.